Volunteer for the Vail Film Festival
We are seeking volunteers for a variety of roles at the 2018 Vail Film Festival. Please complete the below form if you are interested in volunteering for the festival.
Please select your top three positions and fill out the days and times you will be available before and during the festival. Volunteers will receive a Film Festival Pass to get into film screenings, and (1) one ticket to the Closing Night party. Film Festival Passes are available to volunteers who work a minimum of 10 hours and at least 2 shifts. Volunteers signing up for 3 shifts may receive additional perks. T-shirts for everyone!
Information, such as shift times and job duties are tentative and subject to change. Please keep in mind that there is a chance that you may be asked to fill in another position based on your availability and shift needs. Rest assured, we will do our best to make sure these adjustments work for everyone.
See the full position descriptions below the Submit button.
WILL CALL – Part-Time
2 people per shift
Days needed: Thursday through Saturday
Will Call is located at the Vail Cascade Theater
Thursday April 5: 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (three shifts, morning, afternoon, evening)
Friday April 6: 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (two shifts, morning and afternoon)
Saturday April 7: 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (two shifts, morning and afternoon)
** Will Call volunteers need to know information about the festival, pass levels, theater locations, suggested parking areas, pass priority access to movies, refer to schedule for location and descriptions of movies. Some volunteers will help distribute passes while others will be selling festival merchandise. All Will Call volunteers will need to be able to answer questions on transportation, location of all venues and prices of passes and tickets. This information will be provided to you before-hand.
THEATER STAFF – Part-Time
4– 8 people per shift
Days needed: Duration of the Film Festival - Thursday thru Sunday
Theaters are located at the Cascade Theaters near the Hotel Talisa
Shift times: morning, afternoon and evening (4-5 hour shifts)
Theater Staff duties include: Selling individual tickets at a table in front of the theater (will be able to sit), checking the passes of people entering the theater, monitor the theater lines, counting people for each movie, and controlling theater lights among other assigned duties.
FILM FESTIVAL PARTIES – Part - Time (Volunteers must be 21 and over to work these shifts)
- Opening Night (Thursday, April 5. Cascade Theater near Hotel Talisa)
- 5:00 p.m.-8:00 a.m. (8-10 people)
- Filmmaker Reception (Friday, April 6. 10th Mountain Whiskey tasting room)
- 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Closing Night (Saturday, April 7. TBA)
- 9:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. (8-10 people)
Festival Party duties include: Helping with the set-up and break-down of the party, straightening during party, checking in attendees.
** Festival Party Volunteers may NOT drink during shift. Volunteers must be responsible.
HOSPITALITY LOUNGE – Part - Time
- Friday, April 6. Cascade Theater
- 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. (2 people)
- Saturday, April 7. Cascade Theater
- 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. (2 people)
- Sunday, April 8. Cascade Theater
- 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Hospital Lounge duties include: Helping with the set-up and break-down of the lounge, straightening during lounge hours.
** Hospitality Lounge Volunteers may NOT drink during shift. Volunteers must be responsible.
THEATER MANAGER – Full-Time
- This is a full-time position. Theater Manager shifts will be scheduled Thursday through Sunday.
- 6 People
- 3 Half-day shifts, 5-6 hours per shift (Thursday – Sunday)
Theater Manager duties include: controlling and counting out cash box, making sure the volunteer staff is present and aware of their duties, and handling movie patrons and crowd control before film showings.
WILL CALL MANAGER – Full-Time
- This is a full-time position. Will Call Manager shifts will be scheduled Thursday through Saturday.
- 2 People
- 3 Half-day shifts, 5-6 hours per shift
Will Call Manager duties include: handing out pass credentials to festival patrons based on online purchases, providing basic information regarding festival and town events and locations and other duties as they arise.
VIP Host – Full-Time
- This is a full-time position. VIP Hosts will be scheduled Thursday through Sunday (depending on travel days of VIPs).
- Hours vary depending on VIPs.
VIP Host duties include: driving VIPs to festival events, providing basic information regarding festival and town events and locations and other duties as they arise, making sure VIPs get to interviews and red carpet events on time.
OFFICE ASSISTANT – Full-Time
- This is a full-time position. Office Assistant shifts will be scheduled Thursday thru Sunday.
- 2 People
- 4 Half-day shifts, 5-6 hours per shift (Thursday– Sunday)
Office Assistant duties include: Assisting the Director of Operations, answering the Festival phone line, organizing transportation for staff as the need arises, some typing and clerical work and many other simple administrative tasks.